Career – Employment

Career - Employment

A student, while the classes are in session, can work for 40 hours every two weeks and can work full time when the breaks are on. In order to work while you study you need to have a student visa with work permission. Since 2008, student visas come equipped with a permission to work with their visa. In order to open a bank account in Australia one needs a Tax File Number and it works like the social security number in the US.

Once a student starts working after their graduation there are a variety of ways that they can apply for a PR in Australia. They can apply for a Provisional Skilled (regional sponsored) Visa, Permanent Skilled (independent) Visa, or a Permanent Skilled (sponsored) visa. They can even apply for an employer sponsored visa at any point of time to cement their case for a citizenship.

If you are looking for a job after your course it is important that you start searching for jobs a few months in advance. Try and get as much help and support from your guidance counselor as you can. Try and apply in as many places as you can find and keep your resume updated and ordered in the fashion most appropriate to the country.

If you want to apply for the Student visa you may coordinate with Fasttrack to success migration agent as we are specialized in Student-visa and immigration.