United Kingdom – Career Employment

Career Employment

International students working in the UK get work rights for about 20 hours a week when their course is going on and can work full time during vacations. Students stand to earn 5 to 7 pounds per hour when working 20 hours a week, which comes to 400-560 pounds. Part time jobs are widely advertised in newspapers and other online sources. One can also look for jobs on campus as they are the most easily available. Career cells at your college or university can also be a great help in landing you a job. If you are going to study to the UK for six months you need to get permission from the Entry Clearance Officer before you work.

For those looking to work full time in the UK there is a point based system that they need to clear. Students that are graduating from a UK university can get a job with a registered company. Students are allowed to stay back for four months after their course is over to secure a graduate employment. The companies are mandated to pay a minimum of 20,000 pounds a year and the work visa lasts for 3 years. There is a possibility of extending that visa for another 3 years or more.

Post Study Work Permit

The UK post-study work visa allows international students to stay in the United Kingdom after graduation in order to find work, for up to 2 years.

The new visa rules will come into effect for all international students that begin their studies in autumn 2020 or later. During the first 2 years after graduation, PSW visa holders can work in any job they can find, and the goal is for them to transition into a general work visa afterwards.

The opportunity to stay and work for 2 years after graduation makes the UK an attractive destination for students seeking to start their international career.

  • The Graduate Immigration Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a higher education provider with a track record of compliance and who have a valid Tier 4 visa at the time of application.
  • Successful applicants on this route will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK at any skill level for a maximum period of two years. Beyond that, graduates who have found skilled jobs, and who qualify for skilled work visas, will be able to switch visas in order to continue their careers in the UK.
  • This new visa category, announced in September 2019, will be open to applicants from summer 2021, which means that anyone starting a degree this autumn, and who has a valid Tier 4 visa when the new category opens for applications, will be eligible to apply.

If you want to apply for the Student visa you may coordinate with Fasttrack to success migration agent as we are specialized in Student-visa and immigration.